Friday, September 12, 2014

A Not-So-Inviting Entryway

With my husband gone for weeks at a time for work, I often find myself with some free time.  Understanding that my abilities to work on my home are limited, I decided that while I may not be able to build things alone, I can take them down.


The Inspiration:

Our neighbors, who have the same house plan as we, took out the small coat closet in their entryway, making it more open and spacious.  Following their lead, I decided to do the same.  Naturally, I also found some Pinterest ideas as well.


The Plan:

Tear down closet walls
Sand and finish drywall corners

Time Frame:

A Few Hours

Projected Cost:

$0  
(It doesn't cost anything to take down walls, right?)

The Reality:

Our house is on a slab, and I didn't take into account that the flooring was put into place around the existing walls. Tile flooring, to be exact.  

Project started last year

Currently Unfinished

Cost Thus Far:

$75

Trips to Home Depot:

3

New Tools Acquired:

Hand Saw
Putty Knife

What It Looked Like Before:







What It Looks Like Now 






No comments:

Post a Comment